Mission Health becomes our 15th division. Over the coming years, HCA Healthcare will make meaningful investments in Mission Health’s community by:
- Building a 120-bed inpatient behavioral health hospital in Asheville
- Building a new replacement hospital for Angel Medical Center in Franklin
- Completing the new, state-of-the-art Mission Hospital for Advanced Medicine in Asheville
- Creating a $25 million Innovation Fund focused on improving healthcare service delivery and spurring economic development
Additionally, the purchase will fund a new nonprofit called the Dogwood Health Trust. This initiative serves western North Carolina communities by collaborating with local nonprofits to address social determinants of health and well-being. The trust expects to begin grant funding for approved initiatives as early as 2020.
Mission Health will continue to manage its facilities and hospitals from a local level, while tapping into HCA Healthcare’s capabilities in operations, capita access, clinical trials, research, predictive modeling, analytics and more. In turn, HCA Healthcare will benefit from Mission Health’s deep expertise and knowledge-sharing across the organization.
Mission Health by the Numbers
- 12,000 colleagues + 2,000 volunteers
- 50+ certifications for medical specialties and subspecialties
- 7 Centers of Excellence
- 130+ years of service throughout western N.C.
- The state’s sixth-largest health system based in Asheville